When moving to a new city it is important to scope out the job market as well as the real estate market. Below I have compiled the top 10 companies to work for (besides Coldwell Banker, of course) according to San Diego's Best & Brightest of 2017.
1. BioLegend, Inc. - BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support.
Location: 9727 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121
2. Classy - Classy is the world’s fastest growing fundraising platform for social impact organizations. Since 2011, we’ve enabled millions of people across 300K individual campaigns to help fund more than 3,000 organizations. From cutting-edge health programs to educational advancement, our customers are tackling the world’s greatest challenges with the power of the Classy platform.
Location: Diamond View, 350 Tenth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
3. Confirm BioSciences - We know every industry has its major pain points when it comes to workplace drug testing and we want to make that experience a simple as possible for you. Whether you’re looking to buy drug tests in bulk, laboratory drug screens or pre-employment background checks, we’ve got a specialist who can guide you through a wide range of innovative products and services to suit your needs. Looking for a more customized testing program for your organization? We’ll work with you to create the ideal program for your corporate drug testing needs that fits within your budget.
Location: 10123 Carroll Canyon Rd, San Diego, CA 92131
4. HED - We have a rich history devoted to the design of the built environment. Founded in 1908, we are focused on delivering creative solutions for complex design challenges. Building on what we know and making continued advancements into the future; asking and resolving questions with imagination and foresight; sharing ideas and knowledge and engaging in resourceful collaborations; and consistently challenging ourselves and each other, to excel.
Location: 225 Broadway #1300, San Diego, CA 92101
5. Karl Strauss Brewing Company - Back in the mid-1980s, San Diego was void of the thriving beer scene it has today. In fact, the city had not seen fresh beer since Prohibition, and the term “craft beer” didn’t exist. But that wasn’t going to stop Chris Cramer and Matt Rattner; two college buddies eager to change the status quo. Inspired by a brewpub Chris came upon while traveling through Australia, the pair had a dream: bring local, handcrafted beer back to San Diego.
Location: 5965 Santa Fe Street, Suite E San Diego, CA 92109
6. MRC Smart Technology Solutions - Our goal is about working as partners, identifying opportunities for transforming your business and positioning your company for success in today’s ever changing business environment. It’s about making a difference and creating value – discovering cost-saving opportunities, uncovering hidden inefficiencies and creating sustainability and stability.
Location: 5657 Copley Drive San Diego, CA 92111
7. PayLease - PayLease is the leading provider of online payments, resident billing, and utility expense management tools for HOAs and property management companies. Our solutions simplify the workflow for property managers, increase NOI and enhance the way they connect with residents. PayLease solutions are easy-to-use and are backed with the highest levels of security and customer support. PayLease serves thousands of property management companies nationwide. And with offices in San Diego and Chicago, PayLease is among the fastest-growing technology companies in the United States.
Location: 9330 Scranton Rd # 450, San Diego, CA 92121
8. Qualitest Software Testing Experts - We leverage our deep technology, business and industry-specific understanding to deliver solutions that align with our client’s business context. In turn, our Clients often comment that our solutions are among the most comprehensive and creative that they have ever experienced while delivering the highest value. Our clients also comment that QualiTest’s solutions have increased their trust in the software they release. This has enabled QualiTest to become their primary software testing and business assurance partner.
Location: 7675 Dagget St #240, San Diego, CA 92111
9. Underground Elephant - In 2008, snuggled in a small office in Mission Valley, San Diego, Underground Elephant took its first step toward advancing the online consumer experience. Starting first in the insurance sector, UE then expanded into other financial services including credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, and loans. Through savvy software, real-time analytics, transparent platforms, and pure grit, UE continues to increase quality interactions between consumers and providers. Company leadership focuses on growth-oriented, long-term strategies that deliver value—and competitive advantage—to the company and its clients. The company has also been locally and nationally recognized for its innovative culture.
Location: 808 J St, San Diego, CA 92101
10. WestAir - As a family-owned business, WestAir Gases & Equipment has a culture of service and innovation that’s helped customers since 1970. WestAir not only hires good people, but WestAir makes them even better with continuous customer service and technical training. WestAir may be an independent family-owned business, but we have the resources, systems and people to make sure that you have the products and services you need, when and where you need them…at cost-effective prices.
Location: 506 Market Street San Diego, CA 92102